Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2009 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
1. Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
2. For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/07/09).
3. Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
4. Title your post Professional Development Meme 2009 and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/2447.
5. Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme09.
6. Tag 5-8 others to participate in the meme.
7. Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
8. Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
1. To design:
1 – a 9 week iMovie 09 class lesson plan for 6th graders to complete integrating their Building Boys Making Men curriculum.
2 – great presentations on 1 – the basics and 2- advanced tools found within iMovie 09 for this summer’s iSummit conference.
( http://www.lighthouseschools.com/isummit.html )
2. To organize my home and work calendar system to help better maintain all of those important people and things in my life.
3. Establish connections educators from around the world to skype in on the Mais-Tec monthly meetings to share what is going on in their school in regards to the education revolution!
(Mais-Tec) Memphis Association of Independent Schools Technology Education Consortium ( http://mais-tec.org )
(And now I am bucking the system by adding a 4th goal so that I may possibly finish it. To complete and publish my Internet Safety curriculum for grades 1-6.)